Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Ashley Ltr: 2012-06-24

June 24, 2012


Hey Family!

How are y’all?  I’m doing great!  The MTC is awesome.  I’m learning so much everyday.  The MTC is like Seminary and Institute on drugs (in a good way!).  For the most part, everyone here is really striving to become better and it makes following the rules and studying a lot easier. 

My companion’s name is Sister Megan Holsclaw.  She’s from Cedar City, Utah.  She’s pretty great.  She’s been through a lot and has a strong testimony. 

Our district is awesome.  We have 4 elders and 4 sisters – Elders Jackson (Burmingham, AL), Fielding (Indiana), Racioppo (Toronto, Canada), and Parkinson (Rexburg, ID).  He knows Nate and his dad was my boss on campus – small world!  And the other sisters are Sister Hendricks (Logan, UT) and Sister Nawrock (Virginia).  They are all amazing.  We all work hard and get along great and have lots of fun.  They are all going to Colorado Springs.  Sister Holsclaw and I are the only ones going to Knoxville.

This isn’t very missionary-like, but our teachers (Bro. Miller & Rassmussen) are so good looking – holy cow!  I’m thinking I need to transfer to BYU when I get back!

Anyway, I’m doing great except that I have a head cold, which has sucked – hopefully it’ll be over soon.

Don’t worry about me – I’m learning and growing so much and I’m excited to get going and get my feet wet.  The work here is hard and I feel inadequate to be teaching sometimes, but I know that I’m in the right place and teaching the gospel is what I need to focus on.  Sorry my thoughts are kind of scatter-brained – I had to write this fast.  I love and miss you all! Xoxo

Love, Sister Bedke

P. S. I’m the only missionary in our district who hasn’t gotten a letter from home . . . remember DearElder.com.  Also, my e-mail address is Ashley.bedke@myldsmail.net.  I can’t remember if I left that with you or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment